Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Moment of Truth

I don't know about you parents out there but when I have to take my kids to the dentist it's more stressful for me than it is them. I feel like it's such a refection of me as a parent (after all little kids can't be responsible for their own brushing). Peyton had his first cavity last year and I felt like it was all my fault. I feel like the dentist is thinking . . .Let's see if she's doing her job. When the dentist comes in for the final inspection I sit there sweating and anxious. . . Well I'm happy to report the twins are cavity free!!:)

And in all actuality we can brush our kids teeth 10 times a day, but I think it all comes down to genetics anyway, some kids are just blessed with good teeth and others aren't. Lucky for our kids Ben and I have healthy teeth, don't tell them they can get away with minimal brushing.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

My daughter Anna is 3 and she barely opens her mouth for the dentist...and he is her grandfather! She is what you would call STUBBORN. I guess ignorance is bliss in her case...

AP said...

My sister got a $30 charge on her bill one time for a 'difficult child fee'. Can you imagine?

jaci said...

I know how you feel, like it is all your fault! Try Kaden, he had six cavities.. and the dentist said , "we can't do this in the office, he needs to be put under!" I felt horrible! I think it is genetic.. I blame it on Kraig!

Carlye Momma said...

Ha ha ha! I totally know what you mean! It's like you read my mind and put it on your blog. My kids are doing a lot better with brushing now...but oh dang it took some serious coaxing to get Jaxon into it! Thank goodness they have't had any cavities...by the time I was Brackon's age I had already had a few. Cameron's first was just a couple of years ago. Cross your fingers that they're like their daddy.

xoxoxo

Carlye Momma said...

Haaaa...I just saw your friend's comment about the difficult child fee. Oh my heck I'd die!

Jesi said...

It's good to hear the twins are cavity free

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! I have not been able to get Meg to cooperate. She fights me hand and fist every time.