Monday, January 28, 2008

Beloved Prophet

I just wanted to post a simple tribute to an amazing man, President Gordon B. Hinckley. He'll be greatly missed by all who knew him. He was a great example of love, hard work, and service. I'm going to miss listening to President Hinckley's conference talks. I loved his distinct voice and his sense of humor, but most of all I loved the way he spoke so simply. He inspired me to be a little better and do a little more to help those less fortunate. I'm grateful that my children knew him. Peyton said "I'm sad he died, he was a good man and a great Prophet". I'm sure I'll refer to his words of wisdom as I raise my little family. We love you President Hinckley and we'll miss you!

8 comments:

Cannon Family said...

Your kids are lucky to have known him as their prophet. I was just thinking how Lydia won't ever see or hear him speak. Luckily we have lots of records of him and his messages to share with her!

Cannon Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesi said...

He was definately a man who affected all of our lives. When I told the kids about him passing, they could stop talking about him.

It is very neat to see that even at a young age he made a huge impression on their lives.

AP said...

Well said. He is one of my very favorite people--so funny and kind and gentle. What a reunion there must have been in heaven!

Brittany said...

I know my heart was broken for selfish reasons alone. He is home with his wife just where he wants to be! Thanks for sharing.

Roni said...

I have always admired your great love and faith for your church. I am sure he is greatly missed but has left behind an amazing legacy for all who knew him and a great influence for those of us that didn't through people like you. Thank-you for constant faith.

Anonymous said...

Great tribute! I really am glad you posted that. He was a great man that did so much for so many. He will be missed by many, especially all of us whose lives he touched in so many ways.

Carlye Momma said...

I definitely feel the same. What an incredible reunion there was in Heaven Sunday night! I have to agree with your friend...I'm missing him for selfish reasons but I'm so grateful we had him as our prophet for as long as we did.