Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mitt for President

So, I'm obsessed with the whole Presidential race going on right now. I can't get enough of talk radio and CNN(even though they're so bias to the dems. and McCain). I'm just so ticked that Mitt didn't win last night in Florida. I DO NOT like John McCain. I don't think he's a true conservative, he's been in Washington for too long, and when he smiles I don't trust him. I'm excited to see what they have to say in the debate tonight. I hate to say I like Mitt because everyone just assumes I like him because he's Mormon. That may be true for many Utahan's but not me. I've done my research and I feel like he represents what I want for our Nation. I feel like I can trust him and we share similar values, which are important to me because I'm sure the next President will have to choose a few supreme court justices. If McCain gets the nomination I don't know if I can vote for him, I might have to take a chance on Obama. Although I don't agree with a lot of his ideas, I feel like I could trust him more than McCain. So, what if it comes down to Hillary and McCain? I don't know who I'd vote for. I think this process is so exciting and I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I love the United States of America, I feel blessed to live here and I have faith in the system. No matter who wins, it's time for a change and I look forward to that. How are you all feeling about the race for the White House? Who do you like and why, I'm open to hear your opinions, especially if you can enlighten me on McCain or Obama.

8 comments:

Created by Sarah Robbins said...

Hey Amy I totally agree. I do not like McCain. I can't pinpoint what it is, but I am definately upset about the primary

Cannon Family said...

I'M WITH YA! MCCAIN BUGS--NOT SURE WHY, BUT I AM NOT CONVINCED OF HIM AT ALL! I DO LIKE ROMNEY AND I FEEL LIKE WITH THE RECESSION BECOMING A BIGGER AND BIGGER ISSUE, HE MAY START TO WIN SOME PEOPLE OVER. I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE HILLARY, BUT I ACTULLY DO--BETTER THAN OBAMA ANYWAY.

Jamie said...

Hey Amy, you have some gutts to talk about politics on your blog. I usually stay out of these conversations because I am a huge democrat and live in the wrong state apparantly. I haven't decided for sure who I like better Hillary or Obama. Hillary has experience, the brains, and the world respects her and trusts her husband already, so she would really help with the international crisis. But Obama is so likeable and I really agree with what he has to say, he just doens't have a ton of experience. I think that both Romney and McCain are acting like babies right now. I'm not impressed. I'll call you next week. And yes Caleb can date Ava if you dare let him!

Mary said...

Hi Amy. I think Mark and I had that exact conversation the other night. So, to all of what you said, I say "ditto"! Such an interesting race. . . it's fun to follow.

Brittany said...

Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog about this subject, you have motivated me. Thanks for sharing!

Jamie said...

Amy, did you watch the debates? What are you thinking now?

jaci said...

I agree I DON'T LIKE JOHN MCCAIN! I'm hoping Mitt wins this thing, not because he is LDS...,but I think he would run the office like a business. I think he is smart and really thinks about the issues that our facing our nation. Obama or Hillary? Obama. John or Hillary? Hillary. Let's just hope Mitt pulls through.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel the same way. I think it will be interesting to see how everything plays out as well as what things will be like next year at this time.