Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Fun









We had so much fun celebrating Halloween this year. The Saturday before Annie, my Mom, and I made a spooky Halloween dinner complete with spaghetti with eyeballs(meatballs), witch fingers(bread sticks), witches brew(root beer with dry ice) and spider cupcakes. The kids thought it was so fun.
On Halloween we went to Ben's work for a little visit, to our neighborhood truck or treat, to my parents house for the annual Halloween party-where we had lots of fun trick or treating around Walden Hill although we missed Pa Colin terribly, and then over to Julies where we channeled Grandpa Johnson and ate his famous Stewart's hot dogs. I thought Aunt Julie did a great job recreating Dales secret recipe.
We love Halloween at the Johnson Home and hate to see it go, however, we're looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. We love spending time with family and friends, remembering how blessed we are, and that we have so much to be thankful for.



5 comments:

Kerry said...

Your kids look great! I love Halloween as well except for all the candy.

Carlye Momma said...

Cute cute! We miss Colin SOOO much too honey! I'm SO proud of you and your sweet family for the way you guys have taken care of your mother. It really is quite amazing.

We love you honey! I'm with you...lovin the holiday season!

JT said...

The kids were way too cute and I still can't get over Peyton's mohawk!!! Way too funny!

Mindi said...

Amy,
Looking over your last few posts I just can't help but feel like your kids have the world's best mom. I hope you know how much I've always admired you. Thank you for inspiring me to go the extra mile for my crew.

Mindi

Kristi said...

So fun. This past Halloween was the first I have ever spent with my family in Utah. It is so fun including my children in traditions I enjoyed.

By the way, it was SO FUN seeing you. I am excited to make it more often in a few months!