Wednesday, November 12, 2008

7 Things about me you may not know

1. I love to take baths, I rarely shower unless I'm in a huge hurry. And I like the water burning hot.
2. I can't stand listening to people eat, it's like nails on a chalk board for me. My poor husband is unfortunately a very loud chewer and gets many dirty looks when we're eating together.
3. I may look like a happy, cheery mom on the outside but by 5pm I'm on the brink of calling my Dr. for a Prozac prescription.
4. I love to bake, hence the 30 lbs of baby weight I've been trying to get off since Peyton was born.
5. I miss my Dad every hour of everyday. He's always on my mind. We became best friends over the last few years and I relied on him for pep talks and conversation more than I realized.
6. I love picking my kids up from school, it's my favorite time of the day. They're so excited and willing to tell you all about the day they had in the short ride home. I've realized once we get home and they get distracted they forget a lot of the little details.
7. I want to go back to school and become a nurse.

*I tag 7 people who are out of blogging material like I am.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

Hey Sista,
Thanks for the heavy dose of sarcasm in your post on my site. You don't get to tease unless we've visited in the last seven days, okay? I miss you. You're one of the very best moms I know...When I read you little rant to me I couldn't help but remember that you never got the luxury of just having two kids. You made the jump to three and then four snuck in there on you. You truly are a wonder. I am 100 percent sure that most of what I'm feeling right now has less to to do with me and more to do with making me more aware of what others might be going through. Forgive me if I didn't bring a meal when you needed it or call you when you were on my mind. I care about you always and I'm trying to get better at all the little things that really end up being the really big things...does this post make ANY sense? Please call. Let's do something, anything.
Love you!

Kristi said...

I too am a chewing nazi. My father is the worse culprit of all time. I never thought I'd be able to get married because of it. Luckily and amazingly, Todd is an absolutely silent chewer. : )

Brittany said...

I laughed so hard when you said you hate to listen to people eat, I am the exact way and poor Jett is so loud as well (maybe it is a JOhnson thing). Every time you write about your Dad I cry, I can't even imagine and hope I don't for a very long time. We sure miss you guys and need to be better about getting together, at least we have the CHristmas party.

Wendi Bench said...

Oh Amy, I know what you mean. I miss my dad more than ever. And every awesome family moment has a tiny sting to it because you know it could have been even better with them there. I wish after 10 years I could say it got better, but the best part is that we got them at all. Some people have dumb dads....we didn't. Bless your heart! XOXO