Sunday, September 14, 2008

Friends


This past week I've spent a lot of time thinking about all the wonderful friends I have in my life. I draw so much strength and inspiration from all the amazing women around me. I've recently witnessed two of my closest friends go through some trials that I don't know if I could handle in my own life, and both of these girls have been so strong and so faithful. They both tell their stories on their blogs much better than I could repeat, some may already read them but if you haven't you should take a moment to learn from these amazing women and their families. Mindi and Jamie have very different stories with something very powerful in common, they have both relied on their faith and testimonies to get them through some difficult times.
When Mindi told me about her little guys heart condition, long before he was born, she said, "why not me, why wouldn't my family have to go through this trial?" And now that her beautiful boy has arrived and is doing well despite his sick little heart they now see him as a blessing not a trial.


I've watched Jamie and her husband try for so long to have a child of their own (something so many of us take for granted) and despite all the let downs of fertility treatments she has stayed so positive and so willing to accept what the Lord had in store for her, and now, they have a beautiful baby girl. So I write this to say Thank You to two of my dearest friends for being the wonderful people they are and for letting me share their experiences. I truly admire both of you and count you as two of my dearest friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy - I love this post! I was just reading Mindi's blog and thinking how amazing she is too. I linked to your friend Jami's blog and realized I went to high school with her husband, Dustin. Small world! Congrats to them, having kids is the best thing in the whole wide world!
Lisanne Pepper

JT said...

You certainly don't give yourself enough credit... You are an inspiration to me and all that you have had to endure. I am in awe of how much strength you have and yet your are so tender and soft hearted as well. You are an amazing mom and I admire you and thank God every day that I have you as a friend. I couldn't have gotten through the tough times without you.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that. Life sucks sometimes, but then we have to remember that everyone has their challenges. I am so happy that things are going so well for both Mindi and Jamie. They deserve the peace and the happiness.

Mindi said...

Amy,
Was this a ploy to check on how often I read your blog :). Sorry it took me two weeks to find this. YOU are a rock star mom, wife, and friend. Thanks for seeing my brief moments of strength as worthy of your attention. Remember, we're all living the same life, God just sends it to us in different packages. I love ya.
Mindi