Thursday, December 4, 2008

Festival of Trees

Ben's two sisters and mom decorated a tree with Dale's Santa collection for the Festival of Trees this year. When I walked up to the tree I was overwhelmed with memories of Dale and his love for the Christmas season, I know he would have been so pleased to see his collection of on display for so many to enjoy. We went early in the day because of Ava's performance so it wasn't crowded, Peyton must have stared at the tree for 20 mins. The hostess asked him to tell her all about his Grandpa so she could tell his story to the people who came to view the tree. He couldn't believe that we were giving grandpa's collection away, I think he would have packed it up and took it home right then if he could have. The tree turned out great, Dale would have loved it!


7 comments:

jaci said...

Oh I just love that! What a darling tree, and look at that collection! I bet Peyton didn't want to give up all of those treasures! We didn't go to the trees this year, is it still going? We might have missed it huh?. I hope we can still go. What a great tribute to him.
Hey, I will call you today, I have something I need to talk about.
Love ya, Jaci

Kerry said...

That is so much fun!! That is one thing I do remember about going over to Ben's house at Christmas time ad how fun it was to look at the Santa collection. That is so neat that they have decided to donate that to some lucky bid winner. Your family is so cute! Happy Holidays

Natalee said...

Only the Johnson's could put together something so beautiful! Uncle Dale, I know is so proud! I love it!

Mindi said...

Amy,
How awesome. Please be sure to tell Peyton thank you for letting his grandpa's things help kids like McKay. We love you.

Mindi

Jenna said...

I am posting a comment here because I randomly came across your blog trying to find an old friend...Lisanne Pepper. I can't link into her profile and her blog is private. I hope she reads this so I can get in contact with her..or if you could post a comment for her about this, I would really appreciate it, Thank you!!

Kristi said...

I haven't been to the Festival for so many years. Thanks for reminding me for next year!

Brittany said...

It was so fun to see you guys, don't know how I lucked out to run into you. It was so fun to see that tree and am sure your kid's loved it so much!