Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Baseball

One of the things keeping us very busy this month has been Peyton's baseball. He's finally playing real, kid pitch baseball and it's been so much fun to watch the games. Ben's been working with him a lot and he's been doing really well, I'm so proud of his progress. His team is the Rivercats and his coach is so great, having a good coach at this age makes all the difference. He isn't a huge fan of playing outfield, last game he took his entire bag of seeds out there and just chilled and ate seeds! It was driving me crazy that he wasn't paying attention, having a picnic out there but I didn't want to be the crazy mom yelling at her child so I just bit my tongue until he came into the dug out. I love spring and watching baseball, I guess that's a good thing considering I have three boys.

6 comments:

jaci said...

He looks so grown up in his uniform! Isn't a joy to watch them learn! I get stressed out! I just want him to do well and have fun! I don't think I can handle when it gets serious, well I don't know if it will ever get serious for Kaden!
Good Luck Peyton!

Anonymous said...

It sucks sometimes, having to bite your tongue and let your children do their own thing. I think it is great that Ben is working so hard with him. What a great father and son bonding experience. I am also glad he has a good coach. It is more important at this age that they enjoy it then be pressured. There is plenty of time for that when they get older. I can't wait till Carson gets bigger and we can spend our time with you at the ball field. Just think about the nice tan you are going to have this summer.

Brittany said...

He looks so handsome in his uniform. Riley is playing as well and I love every minute of it. Have so much fun at the ball field this summer!

Mindi said...

Amy,
Doesn't it freak you out a little how much Peyton looks like Ben in that uniform! It just throws be back into so many way-too-primped-for-Ken-Price days we spent there watching our men! Love you!

AP said...

Oh my goodness! He looks so cute! If he asks, though, I said he looks way tough. Someone told me about a kid who fell asleep in the outfield--I guess eating seeds isn't the worst thing!

Jamie said...

I agree with Mindy. He is a mini Ben. Is he playing short stop too?