Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bread Pudding

Once a month I get together with a group of friends from my neighborhood for a dinner club. We enjoy amazing food and great conversation. We take turns hosting the dinner and we usually have a theme. Last month our theme was Soup, Breads, and Spreads. I like to try recipes that I've never made before. If any of you have been to Porcupine Grill at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon you know their bread pudding is amazing. Well, I found a recipes that's so yummy and easy and rivals Porcupine.

1 Loaf french bread
2T Butter
4 Eggs, beaten
2c Milk
3/4c White Sugar
1t Vanilla

Optional (I don't use)
Raisins
Nuts
Cinnamon

Cut the crust off the bread, break into pieces. Place in a 8x8 baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter. Mix all other ingredients and pour over bread. Bake 45mins @ 350 degrees.

Carmel Sauce

1/2c Brown Sugar
1/2c White Sugar
1/2c Whipping Cream
1/2c Butter

Melt in a sauce pan, bring to a boil for 3mins. STIR CONSTANTLY
Spoon over Bread Pudding and top with fresh whipped cream. This recipe can be doubled. You won't need to double the sauce, it makes plenty. ENJOY!

4 comments:

AP said...

So happy you posted this! It was awesome. Thanks!

JT said...

So awesome and so easy to make! I am so glad that you shared it with us! Thanks!!!

Cannon Family said...

Sounds delicious! Now I've tagged you so you need to list 6 intersting facts about yourself and then tag 6 more people.

Cannon Family said...

I AM CRAVING THIS RIGHT NOW--note the time...