Saturday, June 14, 2008

Akumal, Mexico. . . Land of the Turtles




























Vacation Highlights:
-Leaving Mitchell with Aunt Colette. I was so sad to leave him home but once I got there I realized that I had made a great decision. Thanks Aunt Colette, sorry about all the bite marks on Gavin.
-Flying there on two different Mexican airlines. They were a thousand times better than the US airlines. What's up with that?
-The Mexico City airport. Wow what an experience.
-Thinking we were late for our connecting flight to Cancun. Ben running through the airport. We were an hour off on the time change.
-The kids on the airplane, they were so good throughout the entire travel process(and it was a major process)
-Watching Ash on the plane. He's getting so grown up, I never heard him complain.
-Throwing a fit about getting the wrong room when we arrived at 2 am then deciding we liked it so Ben told them we'd stay in that room but needed to be credited one night for the inconvenience.
-The most stunning beach I've ever seen!!
-Ava staying in the ocean all day.
-Ava's major sunburn. I felt like the worst Mom(I cried it was so bad), I put sunscreen on her three times but I guess I should have know better. My kids did inherit their Dad's powder white skin.
-Spending time with the Witzel family.
-Uncle Wayne's awesome Pirate map and treasure hunt. The twins still think it was real. Thanks Wayne!
-Ben and I laughing at our cranky kids in Tulum. I think this really ticked the kids off, sorry guys but sometimes Mom and Dad have to laugh or we'll cry too.
-Paying 5 dollars, yes dollars not pesos to take a picture with my own camera of my kids holding a stinky lizard.
-Cam, Makell, and Ashlyn playing with my kids. You guys are so great!!
-Cam dancing with Ava at the wedding reception. So Cute...I hope you become part of the fam too.
-Getting a thousand mosquito bite at Auk Tun Chen.
-Ashton getting bit by the green bird as Ben went to set it on his shoulder.
-Snorkeling with Ben
-Snorkeling with Peyton. I'm so proud of you, you were amazing.
-Watching a huge turtle swim up right next to Peyton.
-Seeing amazing sea life-turtles, sting rays, sea urchins, coral reefs, and so many beautiful fish.
-Watching a major tropical storm roll in then dump rain on us for five hours.
-Spending precious time with my grandparents.
-Reading two books in 4 days.
-Watching my children play and discover a new place
-Relaxing
-Eating lots of yummy food.
-Looking for "she" shells with the twins.
-Watching Peyton play volleyball with all the big guys.
-Spending time with Scott and Shelley and their kids.
-Ben's acting skills during the treasure hunt. Sorry babe but I don't think you'll get the Oscar this year.
-I really missed Ryan and Annie and their families, wish you guys could have been there.
-Melina, such a beautiful bride.
-Ava as the flower girl. She was so excited and looked like an angel.
-Ash, not sure about his ring bearer responsibilities.
-Melina and Bart, so in LOVE! and happy.
-Watching Ava dance. She was in her own little world.
-Watching the entire party watch Ava dance. She was the center of attention, sorry Melina.
-Ash falling asleep in the middle of dinner three times.
-Ash falling asleep at the wedding and everyone talking pictures of him.
-Most of all spending quality time on a much needed and deserved vacation with the ones I love and cherish the most(except Mitch, we really did miss you).
-Being back home in the good old USA!
-My own bed!



13 comments:

WesnKt said...

Amy! Holy cow. What a surprise! It was great to get your message on my blog! I don't think you are a crazy stalker blogger...ha ha. I am glad to know another woman has survived after treading in similiar waters. In all honesty, I am quite excited about the whole prospect of twins....especially a girl & a boy! Who could ask for more? I would love to keep in touch & learn more about your birthing story & get some advice on how to help Zoe transition through this whole process. Email me if you ever get the chance (I know you must be crazy busy) chappellkatie@hotmial.com. Thanks for touching base.
Love & Best Wishes,
Katie
PS. It was fantastic to see the gorgeous pics from the Mexican wedding. I can't believe little Melina is all grown up. Crazy how time flies. Also, how ironic, but we are planning on naming our baby girl Eva, also. Funny, hu?

jaci said...

Amy Lou!
Oh those pictures are darling! It looks like you had such a good time! I think we need to plan a vacation there just with the grown ups, wouldn't that be fun! The weeding looked gorgeous! And your kids are soo cute! i'm glad it all turned out!

i will call you, but I don't know if you are already crossing the plains in you bonnet and long beautiful pioneer dress! You are a tropper! I probably would have said no thanks!

Love ya, Jaci

Natalee said...

What a great vacation! Thanks for sharing! What I wouldn't give to take us on a trip like that! Loved all the pics! Adorable family as always!

Cousin Nat :-)

p.s. Ask Hayley about the sunburn she gave Chase when he was a baby! Yeah, she still has never lived that one down! He's 9! he he he

Brittany said...

Oh my, it sounded like heaven on earth there, what a nice get a way!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you went on this trip. It looks like you and your kids had an absolute blast. What a beautiful place. You know I am a little skeptical of Mexico, but look at that water. We are glad your home, but we are so happy you got such a nice vacation.

kto1s said...

Hope you survived trek in one piece!

We had to change the little get together date to Tuesday the 24th. All the other info is the same! I would love to see you and your kiddos if you can make it!!! Pass it along to anyone you think would like to come!

jaci said...

Hey Am! Did you survive?! I hope you had a good time! I just look at your pictures and wish I were in Mexico right now!
I would love to get together soon. Kaden has to have a little surgery this week, but maybe next week would be good.Let me know what you think. Love ya

Raquel Leal said...

Looks like an awesome vacation! Hope you and your family are doing well!

Carlye Momma said...

How beautiful! I love it!

Mindi said...

Amy,
So good to talk to you today. The pics of the vacation are AWESOME. What an amazing family you have. I think back to how long the Taylors and Johnsons have been part of our families and we simply can't remember life with out you! Thanks for sharing.

Love ya!

Samantha said...

I am jealous!! Looks like you guys had a really good and fun trip!

Jamie said...

Amy, I just heard about your sweet dad! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Carlye Momma said...

Amy, we love you and your family SO much! We are so sorry for what all of you are going through and just want you to know that we feel blessed just having known your father. You, Annie and Ryan are such amazing people and we can definitely see your father in each of you. We have such wonderful memories of your dad and are relieved for him that he is no longer in pain. We are here for you for whatever you need.

Our deepest sympathies,

The Webb Family