Monday, July 28, 2008

Final Farewell


This past week has been a really tough one, but thanks to so many wonderful friends, going through the pain of loosing my Dad seems almost bearable. It was great to see so many friends, I really appreciated so many of you making the effort to come to the viewing and funeral. Everything went well, I don't think we could have done anything better. I was really proud of my sister and brother, their talks were so good. I know my Dad would have been pleased to hear from his children. We were so blessed to have President Monson come to the viewing(he's a friend of my grandpa's) He also gave my Dad a blessing in the hospital a couple days before he died. I was really excited the kids got meet him, what a special memory for them. Now comes the hard part, figuring out how to live our lives without our Dad and Grandpa. I hope these sweet little ones will always have their memories and the knowledge that they were so loved by "Pa" Colin.


6 comments:

Brittany said...

Those were two beautiful posts about your Dad. I know how much you love him and am so sure your kid's will always remember him and the love he had for each of them. He was always so kind to us. We are so sorry for your loss, but just know you and your family are so loved by many. If we can do ANYTHING at all please let us know. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

Carlye Momma said...

Amy, your dad was such a special person in our lives! Thank you for sharing him with us! The funeral was such a great tribute to him! I loved all of your talks, musical numbers, and how you're grandpa did exactly what your dad would have wanted him to do (and would have done himself)...shook the place up and lightened the mood! I LOVED IT! Your family is so wonderful and the world has truly lost a very special man! However...he lives in each of you and THAT my dear is a true testiment of just how amazing he was! We just love you Amy, and each member of your family! He is DEFINITELY running now!

All of our love,

Cameron, Carlye, and the Webb boys
xoxoxo

jaci said...

Amy that was such beautiful funeral tribute to your dad! You gave such a wonderful talk and so did your brother and sister. I felt the spirit so strong. You are such an amazing friend and I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I hope that these coming days the spirit will be with you, and your family to comfort you when you need it.

I love ya.

Jaci

Lizzy said...

Amy, you amaze me at your strength and grace through all of this. You are such a wonderful example. Hang in there!

kto1s said...

Amy--
I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. Please know you are loved, prayed for and thought of at this tender time. love, Katie

Anonymous said...

We love you guys and are here for you any way that we can. Everything went so nice at the funeral and the tribute you, Annie and Ryan gave to your Dad was unforgettable. What an amazing man and what an amazing family. We love you!